PayU is a leading financial services provider in global growth markets. We use our expertise and heritage in cross border and local payments to extend the services we offer to merchants and consumers.
As a payment platform resellers are integral to the business. Discovery of partner platform and decision making for resellers to choose to be a partner was difficult leading to less resellers being on-boarded. The process to become a partner was not clear.
User Research, User Interviews, Persona Creation, User Journey, Information Architecture, User App Flow, Wireframes, Visual Designs and User Testing
We wanted to be a superior solution and make the resellers’ life easier by reducing their exercise and automating the process of on-boarding them and how they can onboard merchants.
• Convert new resellers
• Reduce acquisition & servicing cost for resellers
• Onboard/Integrate merchants through resellers to start getting GMV
• Retain resellers
• Make platform persuasive, to encourage resellers to be a partner
• Help build reseller’s trust with the partner platform
• Resellers should be able to quickly and easily onboard on the partner platform (Automated on-boarding process)
• Reduce the time taken for a reseller to complete the on-boarding process
Before even diving into the features and the overall UX of our product we conducted some user interviews.
Some of our interviews for the stakeholders included Top Management from our company, while for user interviews we invited some current user as well as potential ones to gain a better understanding of the problem. These are some the key take aways from those interviews:
Key Insights – Stakeholder Interviews
- Build Brand
- Expand Reseller Base
- Increase Retention Rate
Key Insights – User Interviews
- Discovery of partner platform and decision making for resellers to choose to be a partner was difficult leading to less resellers being on-boarded.
- There is a increased dependency on an executive to onboard a reseller, because of which only a limited number of resellers get on-boarded.
- The form filling process during on-boarding seems like an endless process and did not match users mental model.
- No clear communication about the benefits and plans of being a partner.
By analysing user’s on-boarding journey we were then able to narrow down the features via card sorting for the necessary features for Partner Program. We then created a content taxonomy map, to give meaning to the defined features, and a site map to organise the pages, information, and navigation of the platform.
We tested our wireframes against key tasks with our Invision prototype. This helped us identify user frustrations we needed to address so we could improve our designs.
Based on the feedback received we then went back to the drawing board to adjust key task flows accordingly.